Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Staying in Florida

It has been awhile since I posted as there has  not been a lot to report about. I continue to work in television production as I and a group of professionals  pursue the new TV network we are creating. Things look very promising as of today.

I have ended up in Jacksonville and it looks like this will be my home for awhile. This a beautiful city, There are problems but it is very modern and  the beach front towns are  upscale and not too touristy. The industrial parks are some of the most beautiful I have seen anywhere and the city at night along the river is breathtaking.  If you want  old world charm and rustic living you head down the coast to Saint Augustine and, if you have money, you stay in Pointe Vedra, home of the Players Championship. Near the ocean its always cooler.

I started dating again after I realized my marriage is at an end and we  both have to move on. My  spiritual energy did not help me come to that decision. That was on me and I finally understood why many of the things that happened in my marriage happened. We both need to move on.

There  really isn't a lot to report on the energy side. I still experience the phenomena and I record my intuitive thoughts in my other two blogs. I do get  spiritual guidance  regarding  women I date and I do not question it.  It feels like I have a mentor and a friend keeping me out of trouble.

There are two television shows I may soon be producing that are a direct result of a dating site. I recommend  on line dating sites. Women need to be careful but it is a great way to meet people. There were a couple of profiles I looked at  in which I felt an intense desire to be  with that person. In each case  it led to a possible TV production. More input from my spirit.  

There is this sense of something happening that will be good for us all and I have no idea what it is. Not the election, or some miracle. Just something.   My birthday was an amazing day.  Curiosity landed on Mars. I became a little involved  through people I know because of the work I did in the space program. Neil Armstrong, the first man on the moon, also was born on my birthday in Australian time. He underwent bypass surgery on the 6th of August  and is  doing well from what I have heard. I was one of the crew that  brought the world the video of Neil walking on the moon. Another member of that crew was born on the 4th  of August.  Neil's stateside birthday, August 5th, is book ended by two of the Apollo TV crew, me on the 6th and the other on the 4th.

All coincidence probably but  now neither Neil nor I have to live with the thought that  humankind's  greatest accomplishment on the 6th of August, until Curiosity landed after completing a flawless mission, was the atomic bombing of Hiroshima.

Our new TV network will start soon.  I will have more to report then.

I had to update this with Neil's passing on the 25th of August. He was a humble man who never used his accomplishment  for personal gain. On Friday night, the 24th of August a 56% moon  looked very different to me. The people I was with also noted it  when I pointed it out. It was brighter and the terminator was as sharply defined as I have ever seen it with the naked eye.  I did not know Neil  was close to death from complications due to his bypass surgery when I witnessed it. Others  have said they too thought the moon looked different that night. Coincidence again? You be the judge..

The parallel  between me and Neil Armstrong continued to the day of his burial at sea. I  had no idea Neils mortal  remains would be  scattered in the ocean outside of Jacksonville Florida. The  vessel carrying his ashes departed Mayport less then 4 miles from where I was. Had I known I would have  gone  to the mouth of the Saint Johns river and witnessed the  boat carrying his ashes. There is  a ferry that crosses the river which I could have taken had I known.  In a way it was a fitting end to the journey we shared together. I never personally met the man though I was within 20 feet of him during the 40th anniversary of Apollo 11.  The vast majority of us who were a part of the manned space program never did  personally meet the astronauts. I had the honor of working with two of them during Project Mercury while I was at Canton Island but none of us were there for personal glory or fame from those who  went into space to all of us  who supported them while they were there.

If Neil were standing next to me at this very moment, I think he would agree  and hope as I do, that all of humankind will find the commitment and sense of purpose all of us had during mans first steps into the vastness of space. It is a journey that should be shared by every one of us in all aspects of our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment