Friday, April 15, 2011

a little experiment

As an experiment I have been looking at a spectral bar of visible primary light. For those who don't know, a lot of the colors we see are mixed colors and, until yesterday, the processes involved with how our brains interpolate them had no bearing on the phenomena I have been experiencing.

I have discovered  my eyes have become sensitized to light from about 400nm to 520nm. Sometimes I get short bursts in my eyes that convert the entire range to around 430nm. I have no instruments to measure this with other than my own perception and the bursts are so fast I cannot determine if they are emanating from the screen or being produced in my visual path.  

I can detect this sensitivity in my eyes by dragging the small zoom icon tagged to my mouse cursor vertically across the spectral bar. Horizontal movement has no effect.  As I drag the cursor up and down over the bar there is a change in hue that has a persistence of about half a second. The new hue appears as a fade in the part of the spectrum I am tracing over and there also is an undertone of violet at 430nm present. The effect is constant over the entire range of 400nm to 520nm.  There is no effect outside of that range.  What excites me about this is it is constant. No matter how many times I do it and under changing light conditions,  I get the same effect.  There is no residual image when I gently close my eyes.

My monitor is a 23" LCD LG Model E2350V-SN and my graphics card is an ATI Radeon HD 2600XT.


Another thing that excites me about this is I now have something I can tell  to my Ophthalmologist and it is something anyone reading this can try. If you get the same effect I am, I believe you will be able to see the same entities I am. If others can experience this I will add it to my page on how to see dead people.

No comments:

Post a Comment